The Evolution of Traditional to New Media (Lec)




(c) Google Images

·      Given the available media that we now have in the world, what are its roles and functions in a democratic society?
                                   
                        As we live in a democratic society where citizens rule and decide its leaders, I believe media plays a bigger role than before. Media becomes the channel through which the government and people communicate and address problems that need address. Through media the people can also moderate the government and keep it in check with its actions. Information spreads faster and therefore media becomes the avenue and potential for the government to improve its services for the people.

·      In what way does media affect your life (personal, professional, academic, social, others)?
           

                        Being born in the age of advanced media, I guess Media has made my life easier in many ways. I am able to communicate to a wider scope of people and I am able to express myself in Social Media. Media’s major impact in my life I would say is the provision of information from all parts of the world which makes me aware of the world which I live in and involve myself in the issues we as a nation and world should put into light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media and Information Languages (Lecture)

Media and Information Source (Lab)