Media and Information Source (Lab)


MIND MAP



INTERVIEW

TRANSCRIPT (INTERVIEW W/ MR. ALBURO)

Student: For a formal interview, please state your Full Name and what subject you teach.

Teacher: Okay, I’m John Glendon C. Alburo. I’m teaching Selected Topics in Math at Manila Science High School, I handle Grade 10.

Student: Thank you po. First question is as a teacher what type of information are you responsible for or the information that you receive that you pass on to the school community or sa students mo sir?

Mr. Alburo: Sa students ko? Ako kasi hindi kasi ako mahilig sa social media. Pag nag FB ako nagbabasa lang ako. Pero yung mga information na pinapass ko sa mga students ko pagka may nababalitaan ako ganun, so shinishare ko sa kanila ganun (mga ganun lang naman besides sa mga subjects na tinuturo ko).

[Nahirapan siya sagutin yung next question so move on muna.]

Student: How do you know that the information that you pass is true?

Mr. Alburo: Tinitingnan ko muna sa mga website. May mga websites naman na mapagkakatiwalaan, hindi naman lahat sila fake.

Student: Okay so last question Sir (bago natin balikan yung kanina), are this pieces of information available in popular media?

Mr. Alburo: Yes.

Student: So yung mga FB, Twitter and the like?

Mr. Alburo: (nods) Yes.

Student: Balikan po natin yung kanina, ano po can you state specific information? For example po “No Classes” ganun, ano po yung shinishare nyo?

Mr. Alburo: Actually wala naman akong shinishare eh. Ang ano ko kasi, hindi ako nagshishare sa FB. Parang kinakausap ko mismo yung mga estudyante.

Student: Ano po yung information na usually pinapasa niyo po sa estudyante niyo po?

Mr. Alburo: Kunyari may mga programs ganun at sa mga classes suspensions ganun.



ESSAY:


How do people find information that matches  my needs?

People have the information I need when I ask or request for these information from them. I am able to obtain the information that matches my needs when people know what I need. Sometimes it may be direct (one-by-one) but sometimes they also just have the public information that I need.

How do I choose from the wide variety of information made available by different sources?

I choose by checking first the credible and coherent sources from the variety. I see if they are certified by authorities or if their record shows constant and reliable news/ information. Then, I also see if they cohere or match other reliable sources to be absolutely sure that the information is true. I also check their locality for credibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media and Information Languages (Lecture)

Information Literacy (Lecture)