Introduction to Media and Information Literacy (Lec)




MEDIA OR INFORMATION PROVIDER
NUMBER OF HOURS IN A WEEK
Youtube
42
Facebook
8
Instagram
8
BuzzFeed
7
PAG-ASA
1
Inquirer
2
Manga Rock
12

 The media provider I use the most is Youtube.


Usually, media serves as a form of leisure and stress relief and also as a platform of communication to my peers and family. I also frequently use media as an information source for current events and research.


Self-Definition of Terms:

Media Literacy- the ability to use different kinds of media masterfully
Technology Literacy- the proficiency and mastery in the use of technology
Information Literacy- skill/ ability to gather and understand different data and info
Media and Information Literacy- the mastery of the use of media and using it responsibly to relay information

·      In your opinion, what makes an individual literate in media and information?  


                        In my opinion, an individual is literate in media and information if he/ she is not just able to listen, analyze and interpret data and information in many forms of media or platforms but he/she is able to effectively relay the message he/she wants to get across in many forms of media.

·      What activities/habits do you practice which illustrate media and information literacy? Give at least three examples.  
                       

                        When I present myself online, I use my own name and information but I make sure to put to private information that malicious people can use against me. I also make sure that I am a responsible sharer of information by getting information from trusted sources such as credible online newspapers, blogs, official websites, official memorandums from the Palace etc.. Another thing I practice is that before using a media platform, I make sure I am fully aware of its strength, limitations and restrictions as to not harm others and myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media and Information Languages (Lecture)

Media and Information Source (Lab)